[Histonet] On-line Bachelor Degrees for Histotechs

Pairan, Kelly Kelly.Pairan <@t> nationwidechildrens.org
Fri Jan 2 12:39:42 CST 2015

Happy New Year Histo World,
I graduated from a 3 year Medical Laboratory Science program in Canada in 2002 and have been employed in a hospital lab ever since.  I began working full time in histology in 2005 when I moved to the States.   I am currently working in a lab that I love, under a great manager at a great hospital.  The only problem is that I have reached a point in my career at this hospital where I will need a bachelor's degree to be eligible for promotion.  I know that there are several schools that have on-line MLS degree programs for MLT's who are working in the lab but I really don't want to go back to working in the core lab just to get a bachelor's degree.  Does anyone know of a reputable school that has on-line degrees for histotechs or something like that?  I would welcome anyone's advice.

Thanks,
Kelly