[Histonet] RE: HER2 IHC score averages

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun <@t> hhchealth.org
Fri Jan 2 11:08:17 CST 2015

I haven't looked at my 2014 data yet, but I can give you scores for the first quarter of 2013:

118 cases of invasive carcinoma were tested (clone EP3)
18 (15.3%) were "Positive" (3+) by IHC
7 (5.9%) were "Equivocal" (2+) by IHC
93 (78.8%) were "Negative (0 or 1+) by IHC

With the new 2014 HER2 interpretation guidelines I would predict that we had more "1+" and "2+" cases, and less "0" cases in 2014.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 972-1596
(860) 545-2204 Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Burnett, Brandy
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2015 9:40 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] HER2 IHC score averages

Would anyone happen to know the overall scoring averages for HER2 IHC for

each score (0, 1+, 2+, 3+)?

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error  contact the Help Desk for Cape Cod Healthcare.

Helpdesk <@t> CapeCodHealth.org