[Histonet] Document control

Brandi brandihisto <@t> hotmail.com
Sat Feb 21 10:06:31 CST 2015

My lab manager & I are unhappy with our current document control system. We currently have the lab director sign on the last page of each procedure. This can get fairly long and then we have to keep each page to prove that it was signed. We also list all documents in a spreadsheet and document last revised/approved date. We went on a CAP inspection last year and was impressed with their process. They keep a spreadsheet at the front of all procedure manuals, listing each procedure and the lab director signs by each procedure. Our question with changing to that system is how to use the spreadsheet when you have more than one revision in a year. I'm interested in what other labs are doing, if anyone would be so kind as to share their system I would greatly appreciate it. We do not have a secure signature system, so it can't be electronic.

Thank you,
Brandi Farris