[Histonet] RE: Which kind of blade carrier?

Rathborne, Toni Toni.Rathborne <@t> rwjuh.edu
Fri Feb 20 08:43:29 CST 2015

Did you have this microtome in to demo? If so, what was used at that time? If not, is there an opportunity to do so before getting a PO? I can tell you that every microtome, tissue processor, stainer, coverslipper, and IHC instrument we have ever purchased has been brought in as a demo first.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lake, Kim S
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2015 9:36 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Which kind of blade carrier?

I received approval to order a new microtome (yay!), and we have chosen a Thermo Scientific HM 300 Series Rotary Microtome to replace our Leitz 1512. My question is, which kind of blade carrier should I choose, the E or ER? We use high profile disposable blades. I can't tell from the tiny pictures what the difference is, and a search of histonet didn't help. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Kim Lake, MLS (ASCP)CM
Laboratory Manager
Oral Pathology Laboratory