[Histonet] RE: Slide and Block Combination Transport or Mailer

Jeffrey Robinson JRobinson <@t> pathology-associates.com
Thu Feb 19 10:27:08 CST 2015

Hi James-  I just looked at my exhibit map from Austin and I believe the item you seek (a plastic mailer that holds both block and slide) is sold by Evergreen Scientific.

Jeff Robinson, Senior Histotechnologist, Sierra Pathology Lab, Clovis, CA.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vickroy, James
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 7:40 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Slide and Block Combination Transport or Mailer

I have seen somewhere a combination transport or mailer for both a paraffin block and slides.   We are going to have our special stains and IHC stains done across town and we use a courier to take the paraffin block to the lab that will do the procedure and then they send back the block and the slide(s).   Any ideas which vendor carries something like this?   I want to have something in which the block and returned slides will be in the same container.   Experience tells me things find a way to get separated and lost.

Thanks

Jim

Jim Vickroy
Histology Manager
Springfield Clinic, Main Campus, East Building
1025 South 6th Street
Springfield, Illinois  62703
Office:  217-528-7541, Ext. 15121
Email:  jvickroy <@t> SpringfieldClinic.com<mailto:jvickroy <@t> SpringfieldClinic.com>

This electronic message contains information from Springfield Clinic, LLP that may be confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive. This information is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately, by electronic mail, so that arrangements may be made for the retrieval of this electronic message. Thank you.