[Histonet] RE: Bone Saw

Terri Braud tbraud <@t> holyredeemer.com
Wed Feb 18 12:14:43 CST 2015

We also use the little table-top band saw from Mar-Med.  It has a small
footprint, splash guards, and is just awesome for cutting thin beautiful
sections.  We use toothed forceps to hold the specimen and keep fingers
out of the way.  Like the man said, a hot knife through soft butter!  We
have 3 Pathologists and one PA and they all LOVE it.

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Holy Redeemer Hospital Laboratory
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
Ph: 215-938-3676
Fax: 215-938-3874

> I am trying to see what everyone is using at your grossing station for
bone saw to cut femoral heads and toes for osteo. If you are using a
Stryker saw how are you holding the specimens to make good thin
sections?

We use a small band saw from MAR-MED. cuts through a femoral head like a
hot knife through soft butter. You let the blade do the job, don't force
the bone. Just very little consistent pressure.
Rich Y

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it was sent. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential,
and the use or disclosure of such information may also be restricted under applicable
federal and state law. If you received this communication in error, please do not
distribute any part of it or retain any copies, and delete the original E-Mail.
Please notify the sender of any error by E-Mail.

Thank you for your cooperation.