[Histonet] Leica Multistainer use for routine Giemsas

Jeffrey Robinson JRobinson <@t> pathology-associates.com
Thu Feb 12 09:48:37 CST 2015

Good Morning-  I have a Leica Multistainer that I currently use only as an overflow H & E stainer.  I had high hopes when we purchased the instrument that it would prove to be very useful in automating some of our Special Stains.  It ended up just being easier to continue running those stains  manually.  I now have a request to automate (on the Multistainer) the routine Giemsas that we run for H. pylori screening (we use DiffQuik reagents).  Has anyone been successful in running Giemsas on this stainer?  My main concern is the slow "arm" speed and I wonder if it will be fast enough to achieve proper differentiation when running the slides down through the alcohols.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff Robinson HT, HTL, Senior Histotechnologist, Sierra Pathology Lab, Clovis, CA.

This email and attachments may contain PHI that is privileged and confidential and is not intended for any unauthorized person. If you, the reader, are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Do not read the email but instead reply to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments. Thank you.