[Histonet] RE: MICROTOMES

Marcum, Pamela A PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu
Tue Feb 10 14:10:19 CST 2015

We have six Leica RM2255 and they are great workhorses.  The automated controls are flexible as they can be on either side or on top of the microtome as needed or is most comfortable.  I personally like using the foot pedal for facing the blocks and I do get old fashion and cut my sections manually.  I can do it automatically just like to be hands on for the final steps.

Pam Marcum
UAMS

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Breal, Kari
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:02 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] MICROTOMES

I am interested in which automated microtome is the best for reducing ergonomic issues.  All opinions are welcome :)

Kari H. Breal, HT (ASCP)
Histology Manager
ABMC- 847-437-5500 x 5155
SAMC- 847-843-2000 x 6818
Kari.Breal <@t> alexian.net<mailto:Kari.Breal <@t> alexian.net>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email message and any accompanying data or files is confidential and may contain privileged information intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that the dissemination, distribution, and or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the email address above, delete this email from your computer, and destroy any copies in any form immediately. Receipt by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or other applicable privilege._______________________________________________