[Histonet] myelin-stained sections of human brain for teaching lab

Martin Wessendorf martinw <@t> umn.edu
Fri Feb 6 17:04:20 CST 2015

Dear Histo List--

I apologize if this is off-topic, but I'm looking for someone who could
section human brain (--pyramidal decussation through genu of corpus
callosum) and stain the sections using a myelin stain (e.g. a Weigert or
Weil).  We need these for teaching so we would want a total of roughly
50 sets; we'd want each set to sample (more-or-less!) the same 25 levels
along the neuraxis.  Thus we're talking about a total of 1250 stained
sections, most of them big enough to need 2" x 3" slides.

Can anyone out there recommend a histologist or organization that would
have the capability (and hopefully also the interest!) to undertake a
project like this?  Off list is fine.

Thank you for your help--I greatly appreciate it!

Martin Wessendorf

--
Martin Wessendorf, Ph.D.                   office: (612) 626-0145
Assoc Prof, Dept Neuroscience                 lab: (612) 624-2991