[Histonet] Troponin is biomarker of heart attacks

William J. O'Connor III b427297 <@t> aol.com
Thu Feb 5 18:42:48 CST 2015

troponin I is the only troponin assay to show cardiac muscle injuty.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jorge A. Santiago-Blay <blayjorge <@t> gmail.com>
To: Histonet <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thu, Feb 5, 2015 3:02 pm
Subject: [Histonet] Troponin is biomarker of heart attacks

Dear Histonnetters:

I am not sure the range of expertise of the members may reach this far but
let me try.

Question: Could sometone tell me (blayjorge <@t> gmail.com) why is
blood troponin is biomarker of heart attacks. I am aware that is is not the
only biomarker but nowhere have I yet seen an explanation why not
tropomyosin of other protein components of the cardiac muscle that may find
themselves in the blood stream as a result of damage or death due to the
heart attack.

If you know of a human physiology / human anatomy listserver, please, let
me know.

Gratefully,

Jorge
blayjorge <@t> gmail.com