[Histonet] RE: Leica ASP basket transport

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsf.edu
Thu Feb 5 10:45:30 CST 2015

Glad to know I'm not the only one who haunts the plasticware sections of stores looking for the ideal container for the lab!

We use some Rubbermaid containers for the Peloris and VIP baskets, but they are not fully 3" high. I suggest looking at Bed Bath and Beyond, Container Store, all supermarkets, etc. I looked for many months for the ideal container to hold our EM embedding resins bottles and finally found it at the Container Store.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ingrao, Nicholas
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 8:19 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Leica ASP basket transport

Our lab has standardized all cassette racking into the Leica ASP 300 basket. For locations that ship back to the main lab I have not found a suitable hard plastic storage container that fits this basket. I performed an in-person search at home depot and lowes without success.

14047643576

Basket set Leica ASP300 S<http://www.leicabiosystems.com/>

Looking to see what others are using for transport of this particular style of basket.

I am struggling to find plastic storage container that will stack 3 high on the hook.  Each basket is approx. 8x13x3 inches.

Thanks, Nick

Nick Ingrao, MBA, MT(ASCP)
Manager, Anatomic Pathology
Kaleida Health: Buffalo General Medical Center
100 High St
Buffalo, NY 14203

Office:(716) 859-2028
Pager: (716) 642-0232
Fax: (716) 859-2393

The Keeping You Informed section of Kaleida Health`s website features a wealth of information, stories and pictures about our valued workforce and the tremendous momentum our organization is experiencing. Check us out at: www.kaleidahealth.org/kyi

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email transmission and any documents, files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any further review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution, or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this e-mail transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, discard any paper copies, and delete all electronic files of the message. If you are unable to contact the sender or you are not sure as to whether you are the intended recipient, please call Kaleida Health??s Technology Assistance Center at (716) 859-7777.