[Histonet] "Know Error"

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun <@t> hhchealth.org
Mon Feb 2 10:52:40 CST 2015

Our laboratory has a new urology group who is demanding that we send-out every "Positive" (with CA) prostate biopsy for the "Know Error" DNA identity test.  The test is used to confirm the identity of the patient diagnosed with cancer by matching the DNA in the cancer cells to that obtained from a buccal swab from the patient obtained in the doctor's office.  In my opinion, this test is absolutely unnecessary; another expense ($1,700 list price) to our healthcare system that is not justified.   In addition, the laboratory ends up doing a lot of work that it cannot get reimbursed for.  However, I would like to hear from those of you who have experience with it.  Thank you.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 972-1596
(860) 545-2204 Fax

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, including any attachments.