[Histonet] Lab Manger Position
wbenton at cua.md
Tue Dec 15 10:58:26 CST 2015
Hello, thanks Walter for your assistance.
We slightly modified our posting. Here is the updated version. For more information about our lab, feel free to visit our website.<http://www.icmdiagnostics.com>
Please contact one of the two Pathologists listed below if you are interested in more information -
adnan.khan at icmdiagnostics.com <mailto:adnan.khan at icmdiagnostics.com> (Medical Director)
tom.huebner at icmdiagnostics.com<mailto:tom.huebner at icmdiagnostics.com> (Chief Pathologist)
Directs and controls the day-to-day Pathology/Histology department operations including personnel activities, technical oversight and work flow.
* Manages all histology activities, including recruiting, hiring and training of staff.
* Ensures competency, motivates and encourages professional growth.
* Controls costs by monitoring productivity, personnel utilization, overtime, material usage rates, analyzing fluctuations in types and volumes of tests, and implements corrective actions.
* Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies' rules and regulations.
* Designs and implements effective risk control processes.
* Researches and resolves client problem/issues.
* Oversees and coordinates startup and implementation activities resulting from new services or transfer of services.
* Participates in department, inter-department, inter-facility, and inter-regional level projects which help the regional laboratory achieve its goal of providing quality service and client support in a cost effective manner.
* Develops transition plan for new services/tests, outreach programs for transfer of work, timelines, and monitors milestones to achieve service expectations.
* Coordinates internal resources to support new service.
* Develops needs analysis as appropriate.
* Minimum five (5) years of experience in high-volume histology laboratory required.
* Minimum three (3) years of supervisory/managerial experience.
* Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathologists.
Adnan R. Khan, MD
Integrated Cellular & Molecular Diagnostics
P: 844.522.4263<tel:844.522.4263> | F: 301.363.1099<tel:301.363.1099> | C: 703.282.1796<tel:703.282.1796>
Adnan.Khan at icmdiagnostics.com<mailto:adnan.khan at icmdiagnostics.com>
Walter Benton HT(ASCP)QIHC
Lab Operations Manager
Chesapeake Urology Associates
806 Landmark Drive, Suite 127
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic message is intended solely for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the transmitting person/department immediately by email or telephone (410) 581-5881 and delete the message without making a copy.
More information about the Histonet