[Histonet] PAX-5 staining problems

Jeffrey Robinson JRobinson at pathology-associates.com
Mon Dec 14 13:10:09 CST 2015

Good Morning to all:  I am having staining problems with my PAX-5 predilute from CellMarque.  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a dramatic dropoff in staining signal with this antibody after a few months.  I have now had this happen to me twice in the last 3 months.  It stains very nicely when the vial is first opened and seems to hold staining intensity for about 3 months and then drops off dramatically even though the expiration date is 2 years out.  I am using it on the Leica Bond.  I have been in contact with CellMarque about this problem but they tell me they have not had any complaints from any other labs.  I use many antibodies from CellMarque and have only seen this problem occur with one other antibody (ALK-1) about a year ago.  If you are experiencing this problem in your lab please contact Liz Beitman at CellMarque (lbeitman at cellmarque.com<mailto:lbeitman at cellmarque.com>) so that they can have all available information to further research this problem.  Thank you!
Jeff Robinson, Senior Histotechnologist, Sierra Pathology Lab, Clovis, CA.

This email and attachments may contain PHI that is privileged and confidential and is not intended for any unauthorized person. If you, the reader, are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Do not read the email but instead reply to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments. Thank you.