[Histonet] Histonet Digest, Vol 145, Issue 6 Oct separating from epidermis

Steve McClain SteveM at mcclainlab.com
Sun Dec 6 14:29:22 CST 2015

Skin is often difficult to cut. Not sure I have seen that artifact, but here is what I use when having difficulties.
 Gently blot the tissue/epidermis dry before immersing in liquid OCT/Neg50. Then freeze in cryostat. Avoid refrigerant spray.
Sometimes we allow tissue to sit in oCT for 5 min and then freeze.
If tissue was in 20% sucrose, we blot, then rinse in OCT for 5 min then replace/mount in new OCT and freeze.

Steve A. McClain, MD