[Histonet] Oct separating from epidermis

Jamie McGinness mcginnessjamie at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 5 13:35:43 CST 2015

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to keep a section of tissue from separating from the oct when cutting tissue with frozen sections. We are cutting sections with epidermis dermis and fat.  We need to tease out all the folds and wrinkles but since the epidermis is separating it makes teasing the tissue folds and wrinkles out very difficult. Sometimes the tissue wafer will separate completely from the surrounding oct.

Thanks for any advice