[Histonet] Mollusk, gastropods

Shirley A. Powell POWELL_SA at mercer.edu
Wed Aug 26 16:06:03 CDT 2015

Hello to the wonderful world of histonet.

I have been asked to section mollusks/gastropods for research.  Let me just say I have no experience in this area, but always willing to expand my knowledge and expertise in histology.

The source of the specimens say that the critters were dead before putting them in formalin, they died for reasons unknown and have no normal ones to compare to the diseased ones.
I would like to hear from anyone who has sectioned snails and I would like to see photos of sections on the mollusks that were viable before going into the formalin.  The ones I cut sectioned well but not sure what they are supposed to look like when healthy and fixed properly.  We have googled and looked in books without success. So it was time to "Ask Histonet".

Please respond to me privately if you have experience with sectioning mollusks and are willing to share photos and information.
powell_sa at mercer.edu<mailto:powell_sa at mercer.edu>

Thanks in advance.

Shirley Powell