[Histonet] are you desperate to hire a BS.c graduate

Barry Rittman barryrittman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 17:38:16 CDT 2015

Jose brings up some good points.
It seems to me that we often spend too much time  talking about employing
people who have a narrow field of expertise, even though such expertise is
necessary to get the job done. I would suggest that we instead look at the
bigger picture.
Experience  outside your current field of work  can be very useful. In
looking at the histology fields, many of the great advances have not always
been made by people who have several years or decades of experience but
often by individual who had very limited histology experience but had
expertise in other fields such as biochemistry and physics. I do not
believe that any experience no matter how far removed from the current
workplace is wasted.  While a bachelors degree may not prepare individuals
adequately for jumping right into the field of histology, it has at the
very least  given them a different outlook on many things that they would
not have without that degree.  Fresh outlook on our work allows us to
improve the work we are doing and be creative instead of automatons. I
think that the field of histotechnology is always improved by having
individuals of different back grounds bringing  different perspectives.
The most important thing is to let individuals explore  any new ideas they
have.
I would say a lot more but my wife is just serving up a beef pie.
Barry