[Histonet] Breast fixation

Victoria Baker bakevictoria at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 07:12:14 CDT 2015

Karen
We take ours off on Sunday.  The tissue processor is set up with 6 hours of
fixation the minimum time.  We have VIP 5's so on Friday the tissue goes on
a delay run that is set to come out of formalin at 12:30 AM Sunday
morning.  The end of the process is at 9 AM Sunday morning.  Just take the
tissue off and let it solidify.   When your next tech comes in they can put
the cassette in the embedding center to heat up again and embed it.  You
will follow your same protocol and record your times accordingly.  It might
mean having to ask someone to come in for the 5 minutes it takes to do this
but it works.  If needed you can adjust your times to fit your schedule for
someone being available to take them off.
I hope this will help.
Vikki