[Histonet] NY State Histology License

Gail Marcella gmarcella <@t> nj-urology.com
Tue Apr 21 10:47:58 CDT 2015

Hi  - I've been a Histotech for 20+ years and got my Clinical Laboratory License in NY State when they required getting it. I don't have an Associates or Bachelor's degree but a Pathologist signed off for me. I have my HTASCP. I was told when I went for an interview in NY State that I couldn't gross small specimens or do IHC without an Associates  or Bachelor degree in biology. I was not aware of these restrictions. I don't see anything on the NYS website.  I was wondering if anyone else heard of this? Thanks - Gail