[Histonet] NY State regulations

Gail Marcella gmarcella <@t> nj-urology.com
Wed Apr 22 09:55:19 CDT 2015

Hi - I was wondering if anyone knows the regulations regarding the NY State Clinical Laboratory license. I have been a Histotech and have worked in IHC for 20+ years and was required to obtain a NY State Clinical Lab License in 2007. I don't have and associates or bachelor degree and was not required to prior to 2007. I was told on a job interview that if I don't have either of these degrees that I cannot gross any specimens or run IHC. I've never heard this before. Has anyone else ever heard of this??? Thanks - Gail