[Histonet] Nuclear "Artifact"

Michael Ann Jones mjones <@t> metropath.com
Wed Apr 22 09:02:37 CDT 2015

Happy Lab Week!!
We worked on our H&E for almost two years. We were using Leica H&E
products and after 2 years of struggling, adjusting and analyzing
everything in our lab - we switched to the Richard-Allen Scientific
products. We were seeing variability between days of staining, tissues
right next to each other, nuclear paleness, eosin uniformity instead of
differentiated, etc. Switching reagents helped us tremendously - we have
more consistent higher quality stains on a daily basis and within tissues.

I you¹re struggling and have analyzed your processors, etc. to death -
maybe try different reagents? (we even measured the tap water that we use
on our stainer daily, the pH of reagents every other hour etc. and between
5 experienced histotechs, we couldn¹t figure it out)
Good luck! :)

Michael Ann
Michael Ann Jones, HT (ASCP)
Histology Manager