[Histonet] (no subject)

Garrey Faller garreyf <@t> gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 17:50:15 CDT 2015

Here is the CAP checklist requirement:
ANP.21450
All  histochemical stains are of adequate quality, and daily controls are
demonstrated on each day of use for the tissue components or organism for
which they were designed.

Ray...you should call the CAP and ask for guidance on this.
My interpretation of this requirement is that it should be OK to use a
fungus from an orange peel. An orange peel fungus should have the same
staining characteristics as a candida or aspergillus etc.  Similarly a
bacteria is a bacteria. If you can produce a control that has both gram
positives and negatives, it should be OK. But, don't quote me on this.

Call the CAP for a definitive answer. I am interested in their response.
Garrey