[Histonet] ORO tissue falling off

Bryan Llewellyn llewllew <@t> shaw.ca
Wed Apr 15 10:57:15 CDT 2015

There are a couple of old techniques you might try.

1. Smear some Mayer's egg albumen on a slide as you would normally do,
i.e. very thinly, then hold it in a flame until it smokes. Allow to cool
and pick up the section. Allow to drain well.

2. Same as 1, but place the slide with the picked up tissue in a coplin
jar with a couple of mL concentrated formalin in the bottom for a hour
or so to fix the albumen.

3. Same as 1 and 2, but use 1% gelatin instead of Mayer's egg albumen.

4. If all else fails, stain free floating sections of about 15 microns
and pick up on a slide immediately before coverslipping. This was the
way fat stains were done years ago before the cryostat.

Bryan Llewellyn