[Histonet] RE: Floor Tiles

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Wed Sep 24 11:39:50 CDT 2014

I don't think the ideal exists. Anything that is flat is going to have some slip issues, though the right floor wax can help, and maybe those peel-off sticky mats to catch dirt/paraffin.

We have a vinyl tile floor that has a grid pattern embossed into it - 1" squares. It is pretty much non-slip, but wax cannot be scraped off easily because of the embossed indentations. We need housekeeping to do some serious machine stripping and rewaxing every two weeks to clean it.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lester Raff MD
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:43 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Floor Tiles

Our entire lab, including histology, has linoleum flooring. We cover areas with non-skid mats as necessary.

We will be renegotiating our lease shortly and are considering having the building management company replace the flooring. Are there are any recommendations for a superior, non-slip, easy to clean and maintain flooring for the lab, particularly histology?

Thanks,

Lester J. Raff, MD MBA

UroPartners

Medical Director Of Laboratory