[Histonet] Open Position for Histology Services Manager
Lesley.Bechtold <@t> jax.org
Wed Sep 10 11:49:14 CDT 2014
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent nonprofit genetics research institute located in Bar Harbor, Maine. We are looking for a skilled and motivated individual to fill our Histology Services Manager position.
The Histology Services Manager is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the Histology Service. This includes management of facility, staff and providing training and guidance as needed. This position requires prioritizing, managing and contributing to the completion of the overall workload in the department. Additionally the manager is responsible for staff career development and developing and managing the operational budget.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically in the development of protocols and interpretation of data
* Current computer skills including use of spreadsheet, word processing, email, internet tools in addition to the use of databases and information management systems to record, monitor and analyze workflow
* Ability to function in a team environment and work with frequent changes in schedules and priorities
* Bachelor's degree with HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) certification required and eight to ten (8-10) years of histology experience as a certified Histotechnologist
* Experience with histological techniques using animal models
* Certification in immunohistochemistry (QIHC) is required although equivalent experience (2 or more years) in immunohistochemical techniques may be considered
* Three to five (3-5) years of management experience with management experience in a pharmaceutical or research setting desirable
Please submit resume and cover letter to requisition #4554 on www.jax.org/careers.
Lesley S. Bechtold
Senior Manager, Histopathology Sciences
The Jackson Laboratory
600 Main St.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you believe you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender by return email as soon as possible.
More information about the Histonet