[Histonet] FW: Thermo-scientific vs Ventana Benchmark XT

Patrick Laurie foreightl <@t> gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:13:50 CDT 2014

Hi Cheri,
The Themo instrument is indeed more work. There is an offline retrieval
system. If the Techs are not trained how to properly do the offline
retrieval, you may have slide failures.  Similar to most stainers, if you
have everything setup well, and good procedures, you can decrease the hands
on time and errors.  This are the same system that Dako uses. The openness
can be a double edged sword though.  You can have lower cost and better
quality, but you have to have someone who is able to work on setting up the
protocols.  If you feel that your lab can do it, you may save quite a bit
of money.

Patrick Laurie(HT)ASCP QIHC

Histology Manager

Celligent Diagnostics, LLC

101 East W.T. Harris Blvd  | Suite 1212 | Charlotte, NC 28262

Work: 704-970-3300  Cell: 704-266-0869