[Histonet] RE: Me again

Marcum, Pamela A PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu
Mon Sep 8 11:00:06 CDT 2014

We have 4 Excelsiors although the earlier non-touch screen version.  We love them and have had very few problems with them, generally just getting routine maintenance and taking good care for our maintenance is enough.  The reagent exchange is great with no problem there either.  We have multiple programs on each unit ranging from two hour biopsy runs to overnight and gout.  The agitation allowed us to slightly shorten several programs.

Everyone loves the reagent changing as we are not pulling 12 bottles of solution out to dump at minimum, with our tissue load once a week on four units.   We set the formalin and clean cycles to the number we want to run and it tells us when that number is up and to change them.  The alcohol range is easy to read and know about when to change as is the xylene.  We reduced reagent costs by over 60 to 70% as we added more Excelsiors.  Now I just need to recycle and find a way to reduce cost for the H&E stainers we have at the moment.

Pam Marcum
UAMS

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Cheri Miller
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 10:32 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] FW: Me again

________________________________
From: Cheri Miller
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 10:31 AM
To: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Me again

What are peoples thoughts on the Thermo Scientific Excelsior AS processor?

Cheryl A. Miller HT ASCP cm
Histology Supervisor
Hygiene Officer
Physicians Laboratory, P.C.
4840 F St.
Omaha , NE. 68117
402 731 4145 ext. 532
Cell 402 493 0403
Fax 402 731 8653

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee intended / indicated or agent responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.