[Histonet] Radioactive specimens policy

Amanda Reichard areichard <@t> lmhealth.org
Thu Sep 4 09:33:28 CDT 2014

Good morning everyone!

Would anyone be willing to share their policy/procedure for radioactive specimen acceptance, transport, storage, and disposal?
We are currently revising our policy and would like to see what precautions, if any, other institutions establish in the laboratory.

Thanks in advance!

Amanda Reichard, HTL (ASCP)cm
Histotechnologist
Laboratory
Licking Memorial Health Systems
1320 W. Main St.
Newark, OH 43055
(740) 348-4157

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to whom it is addressed, and contains information from Licking Memorial Health Systems which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, nor authorized to receive for the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail and attachments is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message immediately. You may also contact the LMH Process Improvement Center at 740-348-4641. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. Thank you.