[Histonet] No food or drink in the lab

Jamal j.rowaihi <@t> alborglaboratories.com
Thu Sep 4 08:59:24 CDT 2014

In our laboratory this matter are controlled by the safety department which give safety orientation for every new staff which include instruction about handling the food and drinks in the working areas and the disciplinary action which will be done in case of occurs by staff, and the staff will sign acknowledge on that orientation.

Best Regards,

Jamal M. Al Rowaihi	Anatomic Pathology Supervisor       | Al Borg Medical Laboratories |  Mobile +966 503629832| j.rowaihi <@t> alborglaboratories.com
Palestine St, Al Rajhi Building, P.O. Box 52817, Jeddah 21573, KSA    | Phone: +966 12 670 0099	      | Fax: +966 12 676 4984     | www.alborglaboratories.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amber McKenzie
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 4:24 PM
Cc: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] No food or drink in the lab

Does anyone know of a specific site and quote that states "No food or drink in the lab" and what the consequences would be?  That covers drinks/snacks in the cabinets above their workstations too, right? I have a sign up on the door entering the lab that states no food or drink, but the staff continue to keep stuff around their desk, so I need something to back me up from CLIA, OSHA, CAP, etc...

Thanks!