[Histonet] RE: No food or drink in the lab

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Thu Sep 4 08:36:17 CDT 2014

For one discipline. It is a OSHA, Joint Commission and CAP standards. I do know it is a phase II for CAP. It is also a hospital policy at my place.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amber McKenzie
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 8:26 AM
Cc: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] No food or drink in the lab

Does anyone know of a specific site and quote that states "No food or drink in the lab" and what the consequences would be?  That covers drinks/snacks in the cabinets above their workstations too, right? I have a sign up on the door entering the lab that states no food or drink, but the staff continue to keep stuff around their desk, so I need something to back me up from CLIA, OSHA, CAP, etc...

Thanks!