[Histonet] RE: slides for IHC's

Maxim Peshkov Maxim_71 <@t> mail.ru
Thu Oct 30 14:13:42 CDT 2014

I found that my Leica Apex slides is not suitable for IHC.
All the breast FFPE sections fall off after demasking into both FLEX buffers (high and low pH).
I uses only Menzel Polysine slides with great success many years for any tissues for IHC.
For HE and HC we uses ususal slides with gelatine adhesive.

Histonet people's teached me for fatty tissues to use two main rules:
1. Thicknes slices for processing no more than 2 mm
2. Fixation in 10%NBF at least 24-48 hours.

 Maxim Peshkov,
 Russia,
 Taganrog.                          mailto:Maxim_71 <@t> mail.ru