[Histonet] RE: Tissue Processor Location in the Lab

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Thu Oct 30 13:07:22 CDT 2014

Tim, We have a separate room for the tissue processors. We have a chemical fume hood for pouring all chemicals into carboys via a funnel that is in a hole cut in the hood work surface, and a carboy directly beneath. We also have a fume extraction system above each tissue processor that is designed to pull any fumes up and away from anyone working at that processor. It does not enclose the processor, but sits above it.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Wheelock, Timothy R.
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:54 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Tissue Processor Location in the Lab

Hi  Everyone:

Even though many tissue processors are closed systems with fume filters, do people try to put them next to fume hoods or under some ventilation duct to add an extra layer of protection from solvent fumes?

Thanks,

Tim Wheelock
Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center
McLean Hospital
Belmont, MA

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.