[Histonet] RE: Cap ER/PR

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Wed Oct 29 12:14:38 CDT 2014

Karen, when this has happened in the past CAP has told me to run the test and score it, then when the survey summary comes with the scores and discussion, to have the pathologist review and score the answers and document the review. It's about the best you can do when something gets missed. You may want to have two reviewers sign off in this case.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Heckford, Karen - SMMC-SF
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:08 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Cap ER/PR

Good Morning,
Apparently while I was out on disability a CAP ER/PR PM2-A 2014 did not get done.  Somehow one of our pathologists got it and forgot she had it.  That being said, does anyone have a equivalent test they do instead.  We only do this CAP testing to show competency.

Thanks,

Karen Heckford HT ASCP CE
Lead Histology Technician
St. Mary's Medical Center
450 Stanyan St.
San Francisco, Ca. 94117
415-668-1000 ext. 6167
karen.heckford <@t> dignityhealth.org
                                                                                  Caution:  This email message, including all content and attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL and may be of a nature that is LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have received this document in error.  Any further review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us  immediately by reply email.  Thank you."