[Histonet] Storing specimens

Michael Ann Jones mjones <@t> metropath.com
Tue Oct 28 11:42:49 CDT 2014

We run a query of reports (finalized) for that period of two weeks, and
any outstanding/pending report, we pull the bottle.
We use the storage bins for each day of the week - during gross we toss
the bottle into the storage bin for that day. We have two sets: Mon - Fri.
We rotate those in two cabinets and have a ³Current² sign we use and move
from one cabinet to another depending on which we dump. Once we dump the
bins (and disinfect them) we keep the Medical Waste bin for another week
(we keep our tissues for a total of three weeks) We don¹t have storage
room for 3 weeks worth rotation.
Did I make any sense?
:)
Michael Ann Jones, HT (ASCP)