[Histonet] Salary exempt/nonexempt status

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 18:18:16 CDT 2014

hings are usually different in CA but in FL this is more or less as it works:1- if you are Supervisor or Manager, even when you have to clock in/out no matter how many ours extra you work, you do not get paid overtime over your salary.2- if you are "bench worker" you clock in/out and IF you work more than 40 hours week the difference = overtime if you work less than 40 hours week = your are paid for the worked hours. Even if you some days work  >8 hours you may be scheduled to work <8 hours some other days to compensate.I remember that when I retired I calculated that I had worked in excess of 3 YEARS unpaid because I was manager (life is tough!)René J.