[Histonet] RE: processing and staining preserved specimen

Schade, Adelle a_schade <@t> conradweiser.org
Fri Oct 17 13:08:28 CDT 2014

Thank you Tom and Pat-
Here are the biopsy sizes:

I have my classes experimenting with specimen size to try to find what will work best for our situation.  My 1st block class has 2mm biopsy cores, 2nd block has 4mm biopsy cores and 3rd block has 6mm biopsy cores- each about 2- 3 mm thick.

I will try some specimen altering the times as Tom suggested to see what we get- Thanks again
Adelle

-----Original Message-----
From: Truscott, Tom [mailto:ttruscot <@t> vetmed.wsu.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 1:32 PM
To: Schade, Adelle; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: processing and staining preserved specimen

Hi Adelle, Biopsy sizes will matter, but you might shorten some of these times, but be sure to add at least one more Histoclear to make sure there is no alcohol in it and at least one more paraffin to make sure there is no histoclear carryover.If you go back to 70% at any time you will have to start over, so try to get a janitor or someone to start early or a coach to finish late. Make sure you keep things safe, because of all the flammables. Tom T