[Histonet] Storage of Glacial Acetic Acid

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Thu Oct 16 22:13:48 CDT 2014

We store ours in the acid cabinet.  It has a freezing point of 16.6
degrees Celsius so it needs to be kept at room temperature.

From:   Laurie Colbert <lcolbert <@t> pathmdlabs.com>
To:     "Histonet Post (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)"
Date:   10/16/2014 12:11 PM
Subject:        [Histonet] Storage of Glacial Acetic Acid
Sent by:        histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

How do you store GAA?  As I recall, it should not be stored with other
acids in an acid cabinet.  I'm think it should be stored with flammables??

Laurie Colbert, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
PATH MD
8158 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90048
(323) 648-3214 direct
(424) 245-7284 main lab

confidential information, including patient information protected by
federal and state privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and