[Histonet] New Common Checklist for Anatomic Pathology

Vickroy, Jim Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com
Fri Oct 10 09:27:34 CDT 2014

Before I ask CAP I thought I would see if anyone has had a CAP inspection using the new checklists from 4-21-2014.  I am especially puzzled about a lot of the questions in the common checklist.   Although I clearly understand that some apply to anatomic pathology as well as all parts of the lab, there are a lot of questions that just don't seem to apply to surgical pathology and histology. Can anyone give me any idea of how the common checklist was used when they were inspected recently?   Were there a lot of questions that were just not applicable?  PS.  I realize your experiences are not how each inspector interprets each question but just trying to get a general feeling.  I am not a novice to inspections since I have 35 years in Histology and Anatomic Pathology, but I am trying to make sure I keep up with changes and also don't read more into things than is necessary.

Jim

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.