[Histonet] RE: Ebola

Terri Braud tbraud <@t> holyredeemer.com
Fri Oct 10 08:43:06 CDT 2014

My area has a large west African population and we have already
established a interim procedure based on the CDC's guidelines, and the
Philadelphia Dept of Health, Division of Disease control. We also have a
response committee that is actively reviewing this procedure to insure
that it is up to date and that all involved are educated on how to
handle their piece.  It includes: response for any patient presenting
with fever, patient interviews including travel history, assessment of
exposure risk, reporting, isolation and housing precautions for suspect
patients, transportation and handling of specimens, and heaven forbid,
morgue procedures.
Universal precautions are just not enough.

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Holy Redeemer Hospital Laboratory
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
Ph: 215-938-3676
Fax: 215-938-3874

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it was sent. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential,
and the use or disclosure of such information may also be restricted under applicable
federal and state law. If you received this communication in error, please do not
distribute any part of it or retain any copies, and delete the original E-Mail.
Please notify the sender of any error by E-Mail.

Thank you for your cooperation.