[Histonet] need help on a cap question

Kolman, Kimberly D. Kim.Kolman <@t> va.gov
Tue Oct 7 11:55:27 CDT 2014

I could use some help clarifying this question:

**NEW**       04/21/2014

ANP.11525

Tissue/Cytology Assessment Record

Phase I

If a statement of adequacy, preliminary diagnosis, or recommendations
for additional studies is provided at the time of tissue and cytology
sample collection, documentation of that statement is maintained.

NOTE: Documentation might include a note in the medical record or in the
final report.

Is this really asking that if the ordering physician wants something in
particular, it must be noted somewhere?    I'm hung up on the mention of
'at the time of sample collection'.............

Thanks, Kim

Kim Kolman

Kimberly D. Kolman, HT, (ASCP)

VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System