[Histonet] slide id

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Fri Oct 3 17:36:45 CDT 2014

Brian, we use Copath AB&T, not Vantage, but the principle is the same. We use the old non-barcoded system for older block/slide sendouts. There is no way to barcode old blocks, unless you want to enter it as a consult, and that entails giving it a new number, which would just confuse things.

It will take a few years but eventually we'll be sending out mostly barcoded items. This is just one of the things you have to work with when changing over to something new.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Cooper, Brian
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 1:26 PM
To: WILLIAM DESALVO; Rathborne, Toni
Cc: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Tapper, Sheila J.
Subject: RE: [Histonet] slide id

How does Vantage work with blocks and slides that were in your institution prior to the implementation of Vantage?  Suppose you needed to send materials to another institution for further testing?  Do you generate new barcoded labels and affix them to the materials prior to sending them out (for tracking purposes)?

Thanks,

Brian