[Histonet] fixative

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 10:00:15 CST 2014

I think the best you should do is obtaining the MSDS for those fixatives and check their composition and disposal.René J.

     On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:30 AM, "Schade, Adelle" <a_schade <@t> conradweiser.org> wrote:

 Hello,
I am considering the following fixatives for a high school histology experiment and I would appreciate any input considering safety, disposal, etc.

1-      Ultrum II (American MasterTech):  promotes disposal in local sewer?

2-      Excell Plus (American MasterTech):  low-hazard but any idea on disposal from those who use it?

3-      Histochoice Tissue Fixative

Anyone using these products/ advice is greatly appreciated!

Ms. Adelle L. Schade, B.S., M.Ed.
Anatomy and Physiology
Conrad Weiser High School
44 Big Spring Rd.