[Histonet] N-Cadherin Antibody for FFPE IHC

Rachel Gonzalez rachel <@t> gbi-inc.com
Mon Nov 24 13:02:16 CST 2014

Hi

I just joined the histonet (3 days). so I am not sure of the appropriateness
of this question but I would really appreciate the help.

Does anyone know of an N-cadherin antibody that works on paraffin embedded
tissue. I have a deadline in the next few weeks to get the staining done. We
have one in house that is working beautifully but the project requires a
second N-Cadherin antibody.

For the second one I have tried Spring Biosciences N-Cadherin M3900 and I am
getting no staining (Kidney, Carcinoid, Glioma).  I used Spring Bioscience
protocol exactly and 9 variations of their protocol. I used a titer of 1:10
and all I get is background staining in mostly fluids in vessels, cysts and
tubules. There is no  membrane staining that the other antibody is giving.
Talking to Spring Biosciences the customer service person (Jennifer W----)
stated this antibody only works on mesothelioma. I am not sure that I want
an antibody that only works on one tissue especially since my goal is to
stain carcinoid.

I was hoping for a few recommendations to help narrow the scope.

Thanks,

RMG