[Histonet] Intestinal mucus -- Carnoy or what? (and: dry methanol??)

Mikael Niku mikael.niku <@t> helsinki.fi
Fri Nov 21 08:16:00 CST 2014

Oh, sorry, I forgot one additional question regarding Carnoy's: in the
protocols I found, Carnoy's is prepared using DRY methanol. Sorry for my
ignorance, but does this mean that methanol has to be specifically
treated to remove any hygroscopic etc water? Note that this is
specifically intended for preserving intestinal mucus, which I guess
might be sensitive to water-containing fixatives (although I presume
there can't be more water in ordinary methanol than introduced by the
tissue sample itself).

With best regards,
Mikael