[Histonet] Re: mouse carotid body

Galina Deyneko galinadeyneko <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 09:39:35 CST 2014

 Dear Colleagues. Please share your expertise how to reveal the carotid body in mouse carotid artery.  I received from researcher the piece of mouse carotid artery with bifurcation on internal and external carotid branches. What is the best way for embedding: flat parallel to the mold bottom or on transverse axis, that is perpendicular to the mold bottom.? I think I should collect many serial sections and maybe in couple of them I will be able to find carotid body. Am I right? Please advise better and rational way to do this.Thank you Galina DeynekoNovartis, Cambridge, MA 617-871-7613 w