[Histonet] Flames at embedding centers

Victoria Baker bakevictoria <@t> gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 18:17:13 CST 2014

My very first Histo job was with Metpath in Hackensack NJ.  We had Bunsen
burners right next to a xylene bath for dirty molds.  One day a tech
accidentally had a xylene Bunsen burner collision and started a fire.  We
had another tech who was quick with head and feet who was able to
extinguish it - but there was damage.  As to smoking in the lab I do
remember.  Between the fumes and the smoke I found breathing a little
difficult.  But yes those were the "good 'ol days".
Vikki