[Histonet] clarificaiton RE: Space Issues

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsf.edu
Fri Nov 14 09:35:19 CST 2014

To clarify, we got the mini keyboards to use with the touch screens because it is still easier to log in with a keyboard than an on-screen keyboard, and Copath is still not fully useable via touchscreen  - the text and buttons are too small. The next version (v2013) will have better touch screen capability. However, even with that caveat  once logged in there is little interaction with the computer beyond scanning a block or slide. Oh, we have the Honeywell 1900 scanners. Highly programmable for your needs.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Morken, Timothy
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 7:30 AM
To: 'Gauch, Vicki'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Space Issues

Vicki for the same reasons we went with all-in-one touchscreen computers (monitor/computer in one unit) that are mounted via articulated arms to a track on the wall, so nothing on the bench. The track allows infinite positioning possibilities. We use the Cognitive Cxi1300 label printer at each microtome, which has a smaller footprint than a zebra, and mini-keyboards that include a touch pad. Some like a mouse, however so we got wireless mice for those people.