[Histonet] IHC general fixation

Jamal j.rowaihi <@t> alborglaboratories.com
Thu Nov 13 01:34:30 CST 2014

Good day
I recommend to see below study
http://biospecimens.cancer.gov/meeting/brnsymposium/docs/Grizzle.pdf

Best Regards,

Jamal M. Al Rowaihi	Anatomic Pathology Supervisor       | Al Borg
Medical Laboratories |  Mobile +966 503629832|
j.rowaihi <@t> alborglaboratories.com
Palestine St, Al Rajhi Building, P.O. Box 52817, Jeddah 21573, KSA    |
Phone: +966 12 670 0099	      | Fax: +966 12 676 4984     |
www.alborglaboratories.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of William J.
O'Connor III
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:56 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IHC general fixation

I'm looking for input on the latest theories of duration of fixation for
routine IHC.  In the past, it was thought that tissues should be removed
from 10% NBF after a max of 72 hours,  and if not immediately processed,
transferred to 70% ethanol until processed to retain antigenicity.  What is
the current thinking/trends?  Over the last couple of years, I have heard
that leaving tissues in 70% ethanol may be doing more harm than good, and
it's NOT a good idea to leave them in alcohol for extended periods of time.
I would appreciate your input, or point me towards any new data.

Jackie O'