[Histonet] Permanent red, Fuchsin and Vector Red not exactly red...

Yves Heremans Yves.Heremans <@t> vub.ac.be
Thu Nov 6 14:12:08 CST 2014

Dear Histonetters,

I am trying to combine a peroxidase-DAB staining (brown) with an alkaline phosphatase-staining for detection of two proteins that do not overlap.
I have already tried Dako’s Permanent Red and Fuchsin+ and Vector’s Vector Red as AP substrates but I am not getting a clear red color, rather something brownish which is not very different in color from the DAB reaction product.
Is there anything I can do to obtain a clearer red color ?

Yves